Sunday 23 December 2012

Premier League window shopping

Daniel Sturridge looks set to be the first high-profile of the January transfer window, so here is my look at where and how clubs might strengthen in January.

Manchester United
Who they need: a defensive midfielder/enforcer type.
Who I would sign: Arturo Vidal would be the dream signing. Cheick Tiote or Gokhan Inler good alternatives.
Who they will actually sign: No one.

Manchester City
Who they need: defenders who can play a 3-5-2, wingers other than Scott Sinclair
Who I would sign: Giorgio Chiellini, Stefan de Vrij, David Villa, Pato could be available.
Who they will actually sign: Daniele De Rossi.

Arsenal
Who they need: two full-backs and a striker.
Who I would sign: Robert Lewandowski, Mario Gotze, David Alaba, Davide Santon.
Who they will actually sign: Fernando Llorente and Wilfried Zaha.

Everton
Who they need: an extra defender to cover at centre-back.
Who I would sign: Douglas from FC Twente.
Who they will actually sign: Rhys Williams

Tottenham
Who they need: a number 10
Who I would sign: Wesley Sneijder might be wishful thinking. Willian, Mezut Ozil, Ikay Gundagan.
Who they will actually sign: Willian or Joao Moutinho.

West Brom
Who they need: cover at full-back.
Who I would sign: Jetro Willems.
Who they will actually sign: Alan Hutton.

Chelsea
Who they need: a striker if Sturridge goes. A better sitting midfielder.
Who I would sign: Radamel Falcao, Vidal.
Who they will actually sign: Falcao, Pato, Robinho.

Liverpool
Who they need: a striker and goal-scoring midfielder
Who I would sign: Daniel Sturridge, Jonathan De Guzman.
Who they will actually sign: Sturridge.

Stoke
Who they need: set-piece maestro.
Who I would sign: Juan Arango.
Who they will actually sign: David Beckham.

Norwich
Who they need: at 31, Grant Holt will need replacing soon.
Who I would sign: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Who they will actually sign: Adam Le Fondre.

Swansea
Who they need: Wayne Routledge's hot streak will end soon.
Who I would sign: David Villa, Tobias Sana.
Who they will actually sign: Derk Boerrigter

West Ham
Who they need: a right-winger.
Who I would sign: Stefan Aigner, Alan. Diego Capel.
Who they will actually sign: Gareth McCleary, David Beckham.

Fulham
Who they need: central midfielders aged less than 30.
Who I would sign: James McCarthy, Fernando Gago.
Who they will actually sign: Douglas, Momo Sissoko.

Newcastle
Who they need: a centre-back.
Who I would sign: Douglas, Toby Alderweireld.
Who they will actually sign: Adam Lallana, Michael Dawson.

Sunderland
Who they need: two full-backs and defenders who aren't free transfers.
Who I would sign: Joleon Lescott, Martin Kelly, Matthieu Debuchy.
Who they will actually sign: Nicholas Anelka, John Heitinga.

Aston Villa
Who they need: a left wing-back.
Who I would sign: Sime Vrsaljiko, Juan Zuniga.
Who they will actually sign: William Kvist.

Wigan
Who they need: a more clinical striker.
Who I would sign: Joel Campbell, Dirk Kuyt.
Who they will actually sign: Marouane Chamakh.

QPR
Who they need: younger players with a point to prove.
Who I would sign: Demba Ba, Michael Dawson, Dries Mertens.
Who they will actually sign: Nicholas Anelka, Lucio.

Reading
Who they need: Premiership quality players.
Who I would sign: Stoppila Sunzu, Alan Hutton, Darren Bent.
Who they will actually sign: Nigel Quashie.

No comments:

Post a Comment